If it’s here, find it fast:
- @EdShow START A POOL. How long before #SarahPalin jumps-in-front-of the camera with #CattleBattle poacher? 49 minutes ago
- #RushLimbaugh NY station #22 in ratings. 4 that beat it aren't English-language. Whassup w/ #talkradio? HEAR @WeGotEd getonthenet.com/Ed04-15-14.mp3 5 hours ago
- START A POOL: With #TedNugent & #DuckDynasty guy en route to pose with #CattleBattle poacher, HOW LONG until #SarahPalin shows up? 7 hours ago
- HEAR: #NABShow in-a-nutshell @WeGotEd: getonthenet.com/Ed04-15-14.mp3 SEE: Search underway for next #RushLimbaugh youtu.be/54yLuFnW62Y 8 hours ago
- #talkradio ratings: #RushLimbaugh now small-in-big-markets & big-in-small. HEAR: @WeGotEd Ed Schultz Show: getonthenet.com/Ed04-15-14.mp3 9 hours ago
- The Fluke Faux Pas cost #RushLimbaugh his advertisers. DEMOGRAPHICS doom his ratings. Hear @WeGotEd Ed Schultz Show: getonthenet.com/Ed04-15-14.mp3 21 hours ago
- RT @TheWeek: 67 years ago today, Jackie Robinson broke MLB's color barrier. Robinson's pen pal remembers: bit.ly/1t4ZVtt http://t.c… 23 hours ago
- SEVERAL of our #talkradio predictions came true! :) AUDIO from The Ed Schultz #radio Show: getonthenet.com/Ed04-15-14.mp3 @WeGotEd @EdShow 23 hours ago
- @Sec309sBack @edshow WE DID NOT rehearse this, right? getonthenet.com/Ed04-15-14.mp3 1 day ago
- #talkradio righties who squawk that #Obamacare flexibility breaks the law have NO problem with #CattleBattle poacher. #doublestandards 1 day ago
Twitter Tactics For Radio
Do you know your @ from your # ?
If you don't, you're not making-the-most-of this valuable tool. Read my white paper.
We'll both Google better!
Link to http://hollandcooke.com, then Email me the URL of the page it's on, and I'll include you below...
So you want to syndicate?
I can help! But first, can I talk you out of it?
Read why I ask.
For utterly riveting media interviews & speaking engagements that’ll leave your group laughin,’ inquire @ 401-330-6868.
A SLOGAN YOU — HOPEFULLY — WON’T HEAR IN A RADIO COMMERCIAL!IF YOU'RE ALONE, read this aloud:
For some better leads, CLICK HERE.
Regular readers know my rant. What makes Talk Radio — not-just-different-than — better-than other formats is…dialogue.
Before the Internet, Talk Radio was the original chat room.
Radio’s best talkers get it. Deft hosts light-up-the-phones, with a provocative take, then welcome caller-after-caller. Callers talk-to-each-other, and the station sounds popular and welcoming and relevant.
And advertisers notice.
The purpose of the host’s take is to make the phone ring.
Too many radio talkers ape Rush Limbaugh, a talented monologuer.
But they’re not Rush.
Talk Radio becomes a caricature, when the-voice-on-the-radio thinks “Talk Radio” means I-talk-you-listen.
And too often, they seem-to-be-saying what-they-think-they’re-expected-to-say. I don’t always believe that THEY believe what-they’re-saying.
THAT SAID…listen to THIS monologue, by gifted Jeff Kuhner, mornings on client WRKO/Boston. His gift is authenticity.
Hear him respond — spontaneously, unscripted — to a listener text that called him “extremist.”
As I listened, rapt, I BELIEVED…that HE BELIEVES what he says. Not just another Rush wanna-be, reciting The Narrative.
Everything that comes-out-the-speaker is story-telling.
Twitter is a powerful tool.
I myself was a late-adopter, and I’m real impressed.
AND IT’S FREE…and that’s a double-edged sword.
Pretend that Tweets cost $1.
Why: Free is too easy.
- Watch your Followers numbers. They tend to go down right after you’ve Tweeted something, which, apparently, a Follower didn’t find relevant.
- Don’t take it personally! Whoever just left (and I wish there was a way to know who) might’ve Followed you in-the-first-place because an earlier Tweet was as-enticing as the-one-the-turned-‘em-off wasn’t.
- You yourself will un-Follow after several – or perhaps even a single – Tweet didn’t grab you. Spam is spam, whatever the platform.
I was recently exposed to some research that demonstrated something you might find unsurprising: Tweets-about-one’s self get re-Tweeted less than Tweets which link-to third party Internet content.
- Wharton prof Jonah Berger: “People like to pass along practical useful information. News others can use.”
- Social Media is sharing. Facebook is full of pictures-of-what-the-waiter-just-delivered. Who cares?
Your consultant was among 150,000 tech-followers attending the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show.
But not before a REAL worthwhile NMX.
Read/see/hear my notes from CES and New Media Expo
Plain talk: Cutbacks continue.
If you read radio’s trade press, that’s not news to you.
- If you’re among radio’s remaining local news people, solid story-telling technique can improve your chances of remaining longer.
- Your work – relevant, plainspoken newscasts – can make the station more habit-forming. Promos that assure “WE’VE GOTCHA COVERED” only talk-the-talk. Walk-the-walk by reckoning what matters to your target listener, and sounding-newer every time they hear you.
- If you do, you’ll prompt what the lab coat crowd at Nielsen calls “additional occasions of listening,” the quickest way to grow ratings Share. So you’ll be handy to have around.
- Home Run: A listener who hears your copy emits an audible “Hmmm.” Grand Slam: He or she quotes you to a friend or family member.
Help yourself to 4 pages, of 17 tips that will instantly improve your work, when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter, or renew your existing subscription.