“It was wholesome, peppy, a little showbiz, with a timbre and cadences that were instantly recognizable and universally understood. His voice meant that you were in the hands of a rock-and-roll professional of the old school.”
The New Yorker
The father of hit radio countdowns died on Father’s Day, after a sad family soap opera tortured his final frail days. Casey Kasem was 82.
He was an interesting guy, away-from the countdown. A prominent California Republican who championed the anti-Arab defamation cause.
When I chatted-him-up in the Westwood One suite at a radio convention in the early 90s, I asked about the buzz that he was being nudged to run for Lt. Governor. “I think I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing,” he grinned.
When we hear those great AT40 re-runs on SiriusXM, we’re hearing a lost art, from a-time-when those AM stations — then Top 40, now Talk — sounded…happy.
If it’s here, find it fast:
- #RedSox CAPTION CONTEST http://t.co/k6BpnZFuD0 6 hours ago
- Don't miss #RushLimbaugh on #talkradio today when he explains how blockkbuster #MLB trades are to distract from #Obama #impeachment 13 hours ago
- What #RedSox pitcher EVER got less offensive & defensive support? 2013 #WorldSeries winner WILL chill #NL bats http://t.co/vDq4oewFKz 14 hours ago
- HELLUVA #MLB #TradeDeadline! #As #Tigers #ALCS might be better than eventual #WorldSeries. 1 day ago
- #RedSox fans: Jonny, we hardly knew ye. 1 day ago
- #RedSox: As Stephen Sondheim wrote and Judy Collins sang, "Well, maybe next year..." 1 day ago
- For #radio, business-as-usual is NO LONGER a business: hollandcookemedia.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/are… 1 day ago
- RT @pourmecoffee: This just in from the House GOP meeting http://t.co/LnkKmCoOK6 1 day ago
- RT @JohnFugelsang: The Beatle Wives, 1990 http://t.co/kWMqqtcPdP 1 day ago
- @JoeConnollybiz See @USATODAY page 1 1 day ago
Twitter Tactics For Radio
Do you know your @ from your # ?
If you don't, you're not making-the-most-of this valuable tool. Read my white paper.
We'll both Google better!
Link to http://hollandcooke.com, then Email me the URL of the page it's on, and I'll include you below...
So you want to syndicate?
I can help! But first, can I talk you out of it?
Read why I ask.
For utterly riveting media interviews & speaking engagements that’ll leave your group laughin,’ inquire @ 401-330-6868.
A SLOGAN YOU — HOPEFULLY — WON’T HEAR IN A RADIO COMMERCIAL!IF YOU'RE ALONE, read this aloud:
For some better leads, CLICK HERE.