Who do you think you’re talking to?
Yes-this-will seem like something-a-consultant-would-suggest.
But DON’T believe me. Try it.
As a group, profile your target listener, the shoppers your advertisers want to see pull-into the parking lot.
Who are your heavy listeners?
What age range? Does your format skew male or female?
Where do they live (most important Zip Codes)?
Where do they work? Accordingly: How much time do they spend in-car?
Do they own? Rent? One car? Two? New? Used?
Children at home? How many? How old?
Hobbies/activities? Cable? Satellite? Cord-cutters? Netflix?
What technology is part of their daily routine? Smartphones? Likely. iPad?
Flesh ’em out. Heck, NAME them.
Post photos, like the shot below, around the station.
Then, make them the prism for everything you do.
On-air topics, newscast story choice and copy style, commercial copy…everything talks to THEM.
We do this my client stations, and it sure does make a difference.
What is in the box?
Meet Ted, target listener of the Sports Talk stations I work with.
He’s just home from buying what’s in that box.
Sales meeting topic: Which advertisers want to meet this guy?
If it’s here, find it fast:
- TWO QUESTIONS every #radio station must ask? HollandCooke.com 2 hours ago
- @EdShow SOMETIMES, #comedy goes "a-word-too-far." This #AdamSandler movie seems to be one of those times. 2 hours ago
- #RushLimbaugh - who regales his workin' stiffs audience with private jet stories - sez "Clintons are obsessed with wealth." 7 hours ago
- HOW frightened of #Hillary does THIS sound? #RushLimbaugh hollering that Clintons made money off Haiti disaster. 8 hours ago
- @Marnus3 OK...I'm not proud...I'll ask. What's "#FF?" 10 hours ago
- @politico OBSERVATION during my 12 years in #WashingtonDC: Fewer there than out in #America can recite #Caddyshack catchphrases. 11 hours ago
- RT @radio411: The End of AM/FM Radio? fb.me/6jX3dsS9K 3 days ago
- @Seamless #FoodPuns #baseball http://t.co/IGWVuUOmP7 4 days ago
- @mattmurphyshow 2017, based on what I heard at the convention last week. 4 days ago
- WHAT did #RushLimbaugh just say about the Pope? 4 days ago
Twitter Tactics For Radio
Do you know your @ from your # ?
If you don't, you're not making-the-most-of this valuable tool. Read my white paper.
We'll both Google better!
Link to http://hollandcooke.com, then Email me the URL of the page it's on, and I'll include you below...
So you want to syndicate?
I can help! But first, can I talk you out of it?
Read why I ask.
For utterly riveting media interviews & speaking engagements that’ll leave your group laughin,’ inquire @ 401-330-6868.
A SLOGAN YOU — HOPEFULLY — WON’T HEAR IN A RADIO COMMERCIAL!IF YOU'RE ALONE, read this aloud:
For some better leads, CLICK HERE.