If it’s here, find it fast:
- RT @allinwithchris: A reminder that at least 15 women have accused Donald Trump on the record of unwanted physical contact. Listen for the… 8 hours ago
- RT @cdelbrocco: As We Rethink Old Harassers, Let’s Talk About Clarence Thomas thedailybeast.com/as-we-rethink-… 20 hours ago
- @RT_America WHO HASN'T suffered a #RushLimbaugh style crazy uncle? youtu.be/Lxkh5boBozM 22 hours ago
- RT @RT_America: #TheBigPicture: Thanksgiving Talk for the Table [VIDEO] youtu.be/Lxkh5boBozM @HollandCooke 22 hours ago
- RT @SHS_2015_1997: youtu.be/7VrPxqUW5nA 😶😶😶😶. @HollandCooke #IStandWithRT #IStandWithRTAmerica 22 hours ago
- RT @soggystella1: Thank you @RT_America for the Big Picture today we learned how to eat food that won't kill you. Things we don't see on @C… 1 day ago
- TONIGHT @RealDrGina & I settle a LONG-standing bet, on #TheBigPicture 7 + 1030 ET @RT_America #DIRECTV 321 https://t.co/04DnJ4PJqQ 1 day ago
- RT @TheTweetOfGod: Elephants are like people, only humane. 1 day ago
- RT @Mikel_Jollett: REPORTER: How is this different? SARAH SANDERS: Senator Franken has admitted wrongdoing and the President hasn’t. Yes.… 1 day ago
- RT @JJohnsonLaw: Watching the media conflate what Moore is accused of with that photo of Franken is going to make my head explode. 1 day ago
Twitter Tactics For Radio
Do you know your @ from your # ?
If you don't, you're not making-the-most-of this valuable tool. Read my white paper.
So you want to syndicate?
I can help! But first, can I talk you out of it?
Read why I ask.
For utterly riveting media interviews & speaking engagements that’ll leave your group laughin,’ inquire @ 401-330-6868.
- #26 (no title)
- “Sitting-in for Jim tonight…”
- 2015 Consumer Electronics Show
- 2016 Consumer Electronics Show
- 2016 NAB Show + RAIN Summit West
- Convention Two-fer: CES + NMX
- EXCLUSIVE: Subscribers Only
- EXCLUSIVE: Subscribers Only
- HC bio
- ICYMI: Talkers/LA2013
- Meaty, must-read monthly Newsletter
- NAB/RAB Radio Show & RAIN Summit
- Noise on Vacation
- Talkers/RadioInfo Archive
A SLOGAN YOU — HOPEFULLY — WON’T HEAR IN A RADIO COMMERCIAL!IF YOU'RE ALONE, read this aloud:
For some better leads, CLICK HERE.
“From a purely business standpoint – getting ratings, giving us material to use, creating interest, keeping people tuned to their radios and TVs – he’s the best thing that’s happened in years. I don’t remember anything like it.” What this means to Talk Radio? BONANZA,as I detail in the November issue of my monthly newsletter.
Talkers magazine publisher Michael Harrison, whom I interviewed on RT America.
See our interview, segment 2 on my new show “The Big Picture.”
our wide-ranging conversation about trends in radio/TV/Internet broadcasting in Michael’s podcast “Up Close and Far Out.”
What this means to Talk Radio? BONANZA,as I detail in the November issue of my monthly newsletter.
…in the estimation of one station owner I work for, and he’s a tough grader!
Couldn’t be there?
Read my notes:
Tuesday at RAIN Summit Austin
Wednesday Radio Show sessions
Thursday Radio Show sessions
My September newsletter
NAB has archived select sessions
Think of it this way.
Only we-inside-the-box hear our work in its entirety, unlike the mentally-busy in-car listener — or, worse, the podcast consumer whose attention span is near-zero.
Think of them as “throwing darts.” At any given moment, they tune-into you.
Is your work instantly understandable/engaging? Bulls-eye!
Otherwise, they’ll throw another dart, by channel-surfing away.
- As listeners’ post-vacation lives settle back into routine — and with holiday shopping yonder – it’s real important to be unambiguous and relevant.
- And boil it down, so when they toss that dart, they instantly “get it.” Deliver at-the-speed-of-life.
- Thanks to Donald Trump, there’s NO shortage of material.
- Clients who know me as a call count hawk can finish the following sentence: Dialogue makes you sound popular (which advertisers notice); monologue can make you sound lonely.
- “YOU” and “YOUR” are magic words.
- Save what-aired as “Before.”
- Save again as “After” and cut-out everything that slowed-down what-you’re-delivering-the-listener.
- Save all those cuts as “Styrofoam.”
- is LOTS easier now than when I did it with grease pencil and razor blade; and
- is NOT a do-it-yourself project. Talent won’t cut-out enough Styrofoam.
Tip: Use an aircheck 2 weeks old, so talent hears their work with fresh ears. Talent with PDs who don’t bother: I can help.
As Elvis sang in “Viva Las Vegas,” We had a swingin’ time.
APPLAUSE to Cumulus/Westwood One VP/Social Lori Lewis, Conference Chair, for a real worthwhile agenda.
Read: my notes, in Talkers.
I’m cautioning a local politician who apes The Donald’s Twitter style not to.
And – because radio talent is, effectively, “running for election” non-stop – you shouldn’t either.
4 reasons why:
Surprised that a consultant would recommend-against a success template like The Donald? He’s him, you’re not. Ditto much-imitated Rush Limbaugh. To quote Oscar Wilde: “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”
You have options.
That was my session at the TalkersNY2017 conference.
As listeners’ media consumption continues to change — and radio braces for the next round of Consolidation — I recommend how you can exploit The New Normal. And this can of beer is a clue…
That’s the trailer. Here’s the movie…
To see my presentation, send Email — even a blank one will do — to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moments later, the robot will reply.